February 28, 2009

...

"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements-surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?... Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the dawn to know its place, that it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?... Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, which I have reserved for the time of trouble...

Then Job answered the LORD and said: Behold, I am of small account; what shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth...

I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge? Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. Hear , and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me. I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." Job 38-42

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, says my soul,
therefore I will hope in him.
The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him."
Lamentations 3:21-25

1 comment:

grace said...

I cannot tell you how much what you write on here encourages me!
Lately I have been pretty wacked out emotionally and you have been a great reminder to get back in the Word!
Thanks!