December 16, 2010

Today, I went by McCardle for a few minutes. I noticed one quiet girl burst into tears as soon as she saw me walk in. We made eye-contact and I knowingly smiled at her. She quickly covered her blotchy red face with her hands and tried not to be noticed. As the students walked out the door, several quietly and sheepishly made their way to me, to squish me with hugs. The sweet little one who cried as I walked in? She gave me a hug I will never forget.



You wonder if you made any difference. Then the Lord blesses you a thousand times over with sweet hugs and precious tears. And it makes it all that much more worth it. Our God is able to do far more abundantly than we ask or can even think! He is too good to me.

1 comment:

grace said...

It's been a month.
I love this post, but can I have more writing?
Maybe a chronicling of who likes salad? Black or white people?