October 21, 2008

Tuesday

Midterms are thankfully over, and all of my studying like a crazy person paid off. Thank you Lord. I have had so much to think about, so much that I've been learning in the past days, weeks and months. Today was so refreshing, as I was able to (literally) start and end the day by spending time in conversation and in study of what Christ has called us to. For lack of words, I am landing on a few verses tonight.
"And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9
"You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you will be put to death. You will be hated by all for my name's sake. But not a hair on your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives. "
Luke 21:16-18
"Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9
My heart is full as I recognize my absolute need for Christ, as I live to magnify him to others, wrestling with true contentment and living boldly, without fear of risks. What a huge great day.

No comments: