May 27, 2009

choose

Let me be in love with what you love
Let me be most satisfied in you.
Forsaking what this world has offered me
I choose to be in love with you
I will choose to be in love with you.

Let me know the peace that's mine in you
Let me know the joy my heart can sing
For I have nothing, Lord, apart from you.
I choose to call on Christ in me,
I will choose to call on Christ in me.

For in the fullness of who you are,
I can rest in this place.
And giving over, this my journey, Lord
I see nothing but your face.

Let me know that you have loved me first
And let me know the weight of my response.
For you have long pursued my wandering heart,
I choose to glory in your cross,
I will choose to glory in your cross.


These lyrics are a reminder that each moment is a choice. It is my privilege to ask him to be my satisfaction, to show me how to love what he loves. This song reminds me of the Holy Spirit's constant work on my heart, even when I ignore my choice to honor Christ. He continues to amaze me, as he shapes me and encourages me with his faithfulness. In 1 Corinthians 1, Paul says, "God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.'"

Because of Him, I am
in Christ. Yet, it is my choice to glorify him in these moments here.
Lord, let me be in love with what you love. Let me be most satisfied in you.

No comments: